Prepare your teachers for remote instruction
No one predicted that schools across the country would be forced to close due to the coronavirus. While school buildings may be closed, learning can continue!
Let me help support your teachers as they move instruction online by offering a series a webinar series.
Each webinar is offered live so that your teachers can interact directly with me. Each session will also be recorded for those who wish to watch the replay.
Just-in-time training for your teachers
These webinar sessions are ideal for any K-12 teacher who is teaching at home due to unexpected school closures.
These live sessions provide your teacher the opportunity to interact directly with me so that I can answer their questions and patiently explain how technology will allow them to stay connected with their students.
My goal is to provide a calming, positive voice in a time of great uncertainty.
Quality presentation and engagement
I have been leading webinars and live video sessions for nearly a decade. My sessions are easy to follow, filled with practical tips and strategies, and carefully crafted to help teachers at all levels of technical proficiency.
I am fortunate to have a dedicated streaming studio which ensures high-quality audio and video feeds.
Webinar format & requirements
Each participant will need a G Suite account with access to Google Meet, a laptop (Mac, PC, or Chromebook), and a set of headphones/earbuds.
Each webinar is scheduled for 90 minutes:
- First 15 minutes: Welcome, orientation, and introduction (not recorded)
- 60 minutes: Session content (recorded for playback)
- Final 15 minutes: questions and individual help and assistance (not recorded)
My webinars are delivered via Google Meet or your preferred video conferencing platform (Zoom, Adobe Connect, etc). Each sessions will be recorded and made available for on-demand access.
Up to 250 teachers can participate in each session.
Continuing education credit is available for these live sessions. An additional survey or attendee assignment is usually required before credit can be granted (details vary based on state regulations).
Digital Learning Guide
Your teachers will also receive a detailed digital learning guide that summarizes the content of the webinar and provides links to all of the resources shared during the live session.
A sample of my digital learning guide is available here.
Select the sessions that are right for your teachers!
I am prepared to offer virtual training sessions on a variety of topics. I recommend scheduling a series of webinars over the course of several weeks or months. Need a session on something not listed below? Get in touch!
🔰 Getting Started Sessions:
The “getting started” sessions are recommended for teachers preparing to teach remotely and need a solid understanding of tools like Google Drive, Classroom, and Hangouts Meet.
- Setting up Google Classroom for remote learning
- Creating your first assignment with Google Classroom
- Using Google Hangouts to Connect with Students
- Staying connecting with students while teaching online
💡Getting Comfortable Sessions
These “getting comfortable” sessions are recommended for teachers who have started teaching remotely and are looking for opportunities to improve and optimize their instruction
- Notification avalanche- keeping sane while teaching online
- Google with elementary students
- Save time and develop better lessons by screencasting
- How am I going to grade all of this work?
- Supporting students while they learn from home (special education)
🏆 Master Teacher Sessions
These “master teacher” sessions are recommended for teachers who are comfortable working with Google Classroom and managing an online class. Each session will explore an advanced strategy for providing engaging instructional content to students.
- Powerful writing with Google Docs
- Creative assignments with Google Slides
- Graphic organizers with Google Draw
- Challenging assessments with Google Forms
- Art, Math, and Logic with Google Sheets
Let's get something on the calendar!
- You pick the topic
- Select a date that works for you
- Each session is 90 minutes long
- Delivered via Google Meet or your preferred platform
- Sessions are recorded for playback