My online courses will help your teachers use tech with confidence.
I understand that some teachers simply can’t leave the classroom to attend a conference or on-site workshop. Instructional days are tough to give up.
To make sure that all teachers have access to high-quality professional development I have carefully designed a series of online courses which I personally deliver via Google Classroom.
For many years I was reluctant to offer online courses because there are so many poor examples. It wasn’t until I found the right combination of tools that I decided to build my first course as a companion for my book, The Chromebook Classroom.
I want my courses to be the best online learning experience a teacher has ever had. More than 1,200 teachers from around the world have registered for my online courses which have achieved an average rating of 4.53 out of 5.0.
“I have found this course to be extremely enriching and would recommend it to anyone. It was well-paced and informative.” Victoria Garrison, Newburgh, NY
“This course clarified so many things. John gave MANY examples ( as did the other participants) and I was able to think through some ways to integrate multimedia for our 21st-century learners! So worth the TIME and an incredible value!”Meggin Verduzco, Kalamazoo, MI
“Filled with great bits, even for experienced users. So much value in experiencing Google Classroom as a student.” Roland Aichele, Sacramento, CA
Offer an online course for your teachers!
Contact me to discuss offering an online course to your teachers. My courses are convenient, flexible, and filled with practical ways teachers can use technology to support learning.
I have a focused catalog of high-quality courses that I offer publicly during the school year. These courses can also be purchased by a school district and integrated into your professional development plan.
- Classroom Kickstart – an introduction to teaching with Google Classroom
- Teach with Chrome – an introduction to teaching with Chromebooks
- Google Forms for Educators – an advanced look at how to create assessments and collect data with Google Forms
- Designed with Drive – an in-depth look at creative ways to design lessons using Docs, Slides, Sheets, Forms, and Jamboard
Basic Course Structure:
- Course Length: 5 weeks (1 hour of work per week)
- Course Platform: Google Classroom
- Format: Written and video instruction with weekly class discussions
- Up to 5 hours of continuing education credit are available
Setup an online course for your teachers!
Virtual Professional Development
Sending your teaching staff to a regional or national conference may not be the best option this year due to the ongoing effects of COVID-19. My virtual courses can be used to provide ongoing professional development in a safe and flexible environment.